The world is in the midst of a climate emergency, with global emissions still rising at a faster pace than ever, and global warming causing ever more damage to our planet. This affects all of us, and we must work together to avoid irreversible damage.
At Tripseed, this is something we care about deeply, and as a result, we have proudly signed up to Tourism Declares, an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations, and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions as per the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
Like all signatories, we have committed to the following five actions:
- Develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 12 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next decade.
- Share an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year.
- Accept current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 in order to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming. We’ll ensure our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents actions designed to achieve this as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions per customer arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
- Encourage our suppliers and partners to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community
- Advocate for change. We recognise the need for systemic change across the industry to accelerate a just transition towards carbon-free tourism.
Enabling more environmentally-friendly travel options, and developing initiatives that help to regenerate our planet, have been at the forefront of our conversations for what Tripseed is since the very beginning.
We are actively working on new environmental programs to complement our initiatives of planting a tree for every traveller and our unique Elephant poo poo plant, and we will be releasing details of these as soon as we are ready.
We can’t wait to show you more and invite you to join us in declaring a climate emergency by choosing Tripseed as your in-destination partner.